mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:18 am 

they are a good idea

we sell a plastic version for minis and they do the business

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:47 pm 

It is indeed a good idea, it wasn't adopted from all the moderns for nothing, but i am not sure that i would leave the nearside front in place during summer! :roll:

As for the scuttle drains i have opted to introduce some inspection holes that help to clean and rustproof the cavities.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:19 pm 

david ado16.info wrote:
...and this was a peek inside for the first time after fitting - following 3 winters as a daily driver in all weathers!

Attachment:
20150219_183423 - rs.jpg

Very clean David. Thankfully the trumpets on mine are solid due to the very tough underseal that was applied when the car was new, you really need to work hard to remove it and there's factory paint underneath. Apart that is from the rotten outer sills.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:43 pm 

Thanks to Martin for a great subject and much appreciated by ADO16 fans :D

Not all, but a good number of Mini enthusiasts dismiss the ADO16 as the poor relation but that is here and now. Back in the day the big sister cars i.e the MG 1100 / 1300, Riley Kestrel 1100 / 1300 were seen as the top of the BMC front wheel drive range. The ADO16 upmarket cars had the engine performance of the Cooper S and only the power to weight ratio made the difference to acceleration. However let us not forget, the upmarket ADO16 cars had a higher top speed in real terms.

Although hardly a Cooper S, these often ignored and underrated alternative front wheel drive cars with Mini running gear make decent buys and are ideal for those who want something for all the family to enjoy on that day out at a classic show.

My 6 year old granddaughter loves my Minis and calls my ADO16 cars Minis as well. Lets face it, compliments don’t come much bigger or better than that for the ADO16 cars :D

Alan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:46 pm 

Couldn't agree more. After years of driving Minis, when I bought my first 1100 it felt like a massive step up in comfort and all round enjoyable experience. That was 30 odd years ago. Can't wait to get the current project on the road now.