mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:56 pm 

Outer sill goes on last. The membrane is sandwiched between the closing sill and outer sill flanges at the bottom and between the inner and outer sill at the top. You can still pick up NOS outer sills quite easily, i bagged a pair for £50 recently. The membranes are just flat sheets with some holes so you can easily make these.

http://www.ado16.info/replace_those_sills.shtml

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:34 pm 

I forgot to check out the main site there. That's really useful, a nice clear guide. Should be easy peasy to put right.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:13 pm 

Where did the panels come from for the closing panels?

Sills do come up frequently, seems you have time to wait so id see what turns up on ebay etc.

i always do the center panel, outer sill then closing panel, i have not idea why just logically that made sense to me! hahaha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:58 pm 

pugzadams wrote:
Where did the panels come from for the closing panels?

I got mine from earl part, but I guess they all come from that place in Keighley

very nice quality though

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:17 am 

Earlpart makes his own panels.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:20 pm 

Closing panels from Earlpart via their eBay shop as it was the same price but easier to place an order given my working hours. They really are nice looking things, it'll be a shame to attach them to such a grotty looking car.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:37 pm 

Went with Mike to pick up yet another Hydralastic car, this time an ultra posh Wolseley Six.

Image20171002-01 by Angyl Roper, on Flickr

Probably not a keeper, even though it's a lovely thing. I can see what the fuss is about with these, it's a super plush machine and astonishingly quiet at speed. Equipped with the transveresely mounted six cylinder E series engine and automatic gearbox. This, and the smaller engined Austin and Morris versions, would eventually be replaced by the Princess. It's a tough act to follow, the Wolseley is a fantastically well equipped and spacious car. It's a huge car next to the 1100 and the two of them are pretty much at the opposite extremes of the British Leyland range. I can well understand why people get attached to their Wolseley Six, finding any other car as large and comfortable within the same footprint is very difficult.

There may be updates on this big red car, there may not, depends what happens with it. Drives, stops and does all the things a car should do very well. A good deep clean is the first order of business and after that we'll have to see.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:49 pm 

Christ my loins

That is ace!

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:55 pm 

Lovely old bus, look forward to seeing more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:33 pm 

At some point I need to experience a Maxi and an Allegro properly to complete the set now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next