mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:35 pm 

Holy crap, look at the filler in that bulkhead!! :shock:

Fair play its up and running....!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:08 am 

Don't panic! The filler looks loads worse than it is. There's a repair behind there and too much filler on it, all that's happened is the filler has cracked when I bashed a dent in the repair so it just needs the loose stuff taking back and redoing properly. It does look pretty appalling right now, but it's really not.

Honest. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:14 pm 

Mike and I did attempt to bleed the system, but it's drawing air in from somewhere. Suspected points of failure for this are the clutch hose which I haven't replaced or the master cylinder is past it, even though it looks fine and has been rebuilt. Bit of a nuisance, but not the end of the world, we'll get there.

Until I find exactly what's amiss and the new clutch hose arrives, I can't go further on the 1100. I did find a spare sealed beam headlight at least, so I can get that fitted soon. Instead, attention was turned to the Princess now we finally had everything we needed and that went from this...
Image20171009-06 by Angyl Roper, on Flickr

... to this!
Image20171125-01 by Angyl Roper, on Flickr

She's now fully roadworthy and road legal so we took her for a run for the big food shop and got stuck in rush hour traffic on the way home. Apart from a slack alternator belt that we tightened on the way home, everything is working great and causing no issues... for now. I'm in the unusual position of having the majority of my cars usable at any moment I choose to use them now. You can get an awful lot of shopping and tools in a Princess, we didn't even half fill the boot.
Image20171127-01 by Angyl Roper, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:55 pm 

The Princess really is trying at times. It's decided to burst the rear displacer flexi hose so once corner has sunk again and I'm on the lookout for replacements. I'll probably end up having to fork out for custom made ones from Pirtek. Can't be too cross really, the pipe that's gone is nearly 40 years old and exposed to all the rubbish the road can throw at it.
Image20171129-04 by Angyl Roper, on Flickr

Never mind. I cheered myself up today by learning a new silly thing to do with Photoshop and made this. There's a whole bunch of them over here: http://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/199 ... r-66-toons Good for a giggle.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:39 pm 

Tim at Mini mail can rehose the displacers

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:39 am 

Ian & Dawn also re-hose displacers

http://www.hydragasandhydrolasticservic ... ut-us.html

Dawn's the secretary of ado16.info and does the club merchandise - so club members of ado16.info international also get a 10% discount .....and btw that also applies to the ADO16 exhaust they sell :)

1968 MG 1300 Saloon Connaught Green
1972 Triumph 2.5 PI Estate Royal Blue
1978 Carlight Casetta Caravan
http://carlightrestoration.blogspot.co.uk
1995 Lada Riva 1.5 Estate Cherry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:22 am 

I'll send Ian and Dawn a message. Princess is on Hydragas rather than Hydrolastic and, unlike the Ambassador, the hose isn't integral to the unit (thankfully). If they can swap the old fittings onto some new pipe that would be ideal. Thank you for the tip off, I'd not even thought to ask them since I thought they only did the regassing (which I should also invest in at some point). When the Princess behaves and lets me save up some money properly I'll be making some orders for panels. Going to have to get through that big expensive meal that happens in December first though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:38 pm 

I didn't get any reply to the e-mail I sent so I ordered some custom pipes locally and the Princess is once again mobile for a not-too-horrendous cost. Clutch has worn out though so I need to get that done now.

Poor little Austin under its blanket of snow! Looking forward to getting started on this again next year, shan't have any time to do anything with it this year now.
Image20171211-01 by Angyl Roper, on Flickr

Seeing the snow on the hubcaps really emphasises the ridiculous offset on the front wheels.
Image20171211-02 by Angyl Roper, on Flickr

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22