mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:13 pm 

It's nearly February and while it might seem like I've not been doing anything with the 1100, I've actually been getting parts together to sort it out. Soon I should be able to start welding. The only expensive bit left to acquire are the intermediate panels which I'm planning to buy since it saves me trying to make my own and should speed up construction considerably.

I now have new sill closing panels, new outer sills, a new clutch hose that looks correct (I won't know until I attempt to fit it). Was investigating the new local Aldi and they had two dark green washable carpets that are a good match for the interior and I'm hoping they're large enough between them that I can cut them to fit the flat bits of the floor and bind the edges to tidy the cabin up a little more. A new carpet set is £150+, these were just over £10, and even if I get a full carpet set for the car, they'll still serve well as overmats to protect the new carpet underneath.
Image20180129-01 by Angyl Roper, on Flickr

Depending how troublesome the clutch hydraulics are to fix on the Princess will depend just when I start work on the 1100 now really. The only panel I need to acquire is the intermediate sill panel, something I'd rather buy than make since it saves me a lot of hassle in assembly. There should be another massive weldathon and serious progress happening on this little car in the near future.

The Wolseley, which has only done 2000 miles in the last decade, passed its MoT with no problems to speak of, as is to be expected really considering the condition of the thing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:20 pm 

Right, let's get this clutch hose changed shall we? Little fiddly to remove the old one, and meant unbolting the brand new slave cylinder again. One thing I did notice on removing this is that there was barely any flow of fluid through the pipe so I'm hoping that this really is the issue.
Image20180206-01 by Angyl Roper, on Flickr

Get the new pipe I bought much cheaper than they normally are and not from a reputable 1100 source and... bumhats. Old one on the top in this photo and it's got completely different end fittings. Let this be a lesson to me about going for the cheapest online option.
Image20180206-02 by Angyl Roper, on Flickr

Not to worry, I can't do that job (and it's a bit cold and snowy today anyway, so I don't really want to be doing it if I'm honest), I'll crack on with the interior. Bagged a couple of nasty looking fleece blankets which I've found are ideal for padding on door cards and cheaper than scrim foam for the quantity required.
Image20180206-04 by Angyl Roper, on Flickr

Removing the door cards was fairly easy once I'd figured out that the black trim around the front door release handles is what holds the card in place and can be gently pried out with a skinny screwdriver. The problem is that they're all a little bit damp and wobbly, the driver's door one especially so. I've got them drying out next to the dehumidifier and I suspect I'm going to have to make new cards and cover those, these are not looking too clever. They'll be easy to make, they're a simple design and completely flat.
Image20180206-05 by Angyl Roper, on Flickr

Not the best first fettling day of the year on this car. I'll go and order that clutch hose from a reputable source now, like I should have done the first time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:30 pm 

That's a mini clutch hose you've purchased... BTW q

Nice work!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:12 pm 

It's free to anyone that can make use of it. No good to me, I don't have a Mini.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24