mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:08 pm 

I must be mad, certifiable even

I have swopped / part exchanged my beautiful jaguar xjr (a car that everyone should own at least one in their life) for a new car.

it went like this....

I went round to a mates garage and spied this little beauty in the corner and said 'if you ever want to sell that left me know, as ive always fancied one..'

two weeks later he rings me to say that his modern daily has died and he needs a modern, seatbelt equipped car and he has always lusted after my XJR (and the glorious noise it made......)

did I want to deal????

the jag had just passed its mot, so after a bit of haggling (where neither of us actually drove or had a close look at the cars (this is the way to buy stuff!!)) the deal was done.

bye bye Jag

hello 'two door sports coupe'

I had to do a few jobs on it, speedo didn't work, then read too low, various things didn't work, needed a clean.

but, ive finally joined the ado16 club

im now the proud owner of a slighty shabby two door 1100 that's resplendent in its green colour - its had a 'giffer-resto' at some point that included a cellulose paint job that will never win any prizes.

it does have some exciting features such as D1 alloys, paddy hopkirk buckets and a hall marked silver gear knob that's called ray (ive no idea either...)

will take some photos tomorrow!

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:43 pm 

The "itch" has finally been scratched. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:16 pm 

I sold this last Sunday.

Rich, you're such a follower...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:19 am 

come on Rich photos!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:35 am 

My Pal Robb went from his XJR to an A40. Made the trip to goodwood a lot slower, but rather more frugal!

I think he's just sold it back to the pal it came from in a very similarly considered deal.

My Boring Saab estate is on a very shoogly hook, and would happily be swapped for anything - I have been liking Moggys lately. If I only use it for shopping and taking Robin to Cubs, why have a modern with expensive insurance and tax?

Al

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:01 am 

rich@minispares.com wrote:
I must be mad, certifiable even

I have swopped / part exchanged my beautiful jaguar xjr (a car that everyone should own at least one in their life) for a new car.

it went like this....

I went round to a mates garage and spied this little beauty in the corner and said 'if you ever want to sell that left me know, as ive always fancied one..'

two weeks later he rings me to say that his modern daily has died and he needs a modern, seatbelt equipped car and he has always lusted after my XJR (and the glorious noise it made......)

did I want to deal????

the jag had just passed its mot, so after a bit of haggling (where neither of us actually drove or had a close look at the cars (this is the way to buy stuff!!)) the deal was done.

bye bye Jag

hello 'two door sports coupe'

I had to do a few jobs on it, speedo didn't work, then read too low, various things didn't work, needed a clean.

but, ive finally joined the ado16 club

im now the proud owner of a slighty shabby two door 1100 that's resplendent in its green colour - its had a 'giffer-resto' at some point that included a cellulose paint job that will never win any prizes.

it does have some exciting features such as D1 alloys, paddy hopkirk buckets and a hall marked silver gear knob that's called ray (ive no idea either...)

will take some photos tomorrow!

...and then the conversation went..........

evenin guv......'ere.....did someone order a white transit wif special gorilla jackets inside....ah, yes.....yes, this man here..........righto......get this on sunshine..........

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:09 am 

heres some photos of the beast, still a few little jobs to do on it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:12 am 

oh

and the heater is EPIC, it will actually demist the rear screen after a short while - something you can only dream about in a mini

I even had to turn it down as it was getting too hot this morning

and its doing nearly 40 mpg

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:51 am 

That is awesome! Love it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:55 am 

Rich, you have only been in the place a short while an some gypsy has nicked one of your I's....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next