mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 1300 GT
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:16 pm
Posts: 5974
nice example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-austin-1 ... SwFqJWtMaA

the fake knock on wheel hub caps are great!

_________________
should you wish, you can contact me on rich@minispares.com

'long beard boss'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1300 GT
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:35 pm
Posts: 3149
Location: UK
rich@minispares.com wrote:
nice example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-austin-1 ... SwFqJWtMaA

the fake knock on wheel hub caps are great!


Surely by 1972 the 1100 was in Mk3 guise, not Mk1 :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1300 GT
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 pm
Posts: 1006
Andrew1967 wrote:
rich@minispares.com wrote:
nice example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-austin-1 ... SwFqJWtMaA

the fake knock on wheel hub caps are great!


Surely by 1972 the 1100 was in Mk3 guise, not Mk1 :?


You are correct Andrew,

That car was re-shelled some years ago into a Mk1 shell. Funny at the time a Mk1 shell was cheaper and easier to find. Opposite to the Mini shell :)

That is still a very sound car if you could live with a Mk1 ADO16 shell.

Alan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1300 GT
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:16 pm
Posts: 5974
ive heard of a few people recently who still have new ado16 shells of various sorts, so there must be quite a few still floating around

_________________
should you wish, you can contact me on rich@minispares.com

'long beard boss'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1300 GT
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 pm
Posts: 1006
rich@minispares.com wrote:
ive heard of a few people recently who still have new ado16 shells of various sorts, so there must be quite a few still floating around


Rich,

A new ADO16 shell is easier to find than a rear sub-frame. My mate has a new Austin / Morris 1800 Mk2 shell for sale. A friend also has a new Vanden Plas MK2 shell for sale. :D :D

Alan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1300 GT
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:59 pm
Posts: 1322
Location: sheffield
Bloody hell I'm starting to like them!


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1300 GT
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:35 pm
Posts: 3149
Location: UK
Supersonic wrote:
Andrew1967 wrote:
rich@minispares.com wrote:
nice example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-austin-1 ... SwFqJWtMaA

the fake knock on wheel hub caps are great!


Surely by 1972 the 1100 was in Mk3 guise, not Mk1 :?


You are correct Andrew,

That car was re-shelled some years ago into a Mk1 shell. Funny at the time a Mk1 shell was cheaper and easier to find. Opposite to the Mini shell :)

That is still a very sound car if you could live with a Mk1 ADO16 shell.

Alan


That explains it Alan.

When I saw it's location I thought that you'd be bound to know something about it :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1300 GT
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 11:45 am
Posts: 330
Location: Up north where men are men and sheep are frightened
The Vanden Plas 1300 was fitted with the 65bhpSAE 9stud engine as fitted to Wolseley 1300 same spec as the 1275 Sprite/Midget
The 1300GT 11stud engine was also fitted to Riley Kestal and the MG1300


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1300 GT
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:25 am
Posts: 3153
Nice project up for sale =

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/austin-1300-g ... 2571040571

_________________
http://www.eurods.eu/wp/index.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1300 GT
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:14 pm
Posts: 163
Location: High Wycombe, UK
Nick W wrote:
Bloody hell I'm starting to like them!



:o :o

Where's that picture from Nick?

_________________
David - chairman@ado16.info

1968 MG 1300 Saloon Connaught Green
1972 Triumph 2.5 PI Estate Royal Blue
1978 Carlight Casetta Caravan
http://carlightrestoration.blogspot.co.uk
1995 Lada Riva 1.5 Estate Cherry


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Localized by Maël Soucaze © 2010 phpBB.fr