mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: what a fantastic weekend
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:17 pm 

Hi all, would like to to thank every one involved for making this event happen, this was our first time at blyton and enjoyed both day's and tracks, I would like to apologise for the two red flags that I caused one on each day.. sorry all. I would like to thank all the people who helped and support to get me back out on track tim and Steve from mini mail and others who I don't know thankyou. Hope it will stay a two day event and hope to return next year with a better handling car!! Thanks again nick

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:37 pm 

Well someone had to get the tow of shame lol!. You have a quick car there even though it was happy to wag it's front wheel in the air but it certainly didn't slow you down. I really enjoyed the gallop we had on Sunday afternoon (blue clubby). I haven't enjoyed myself like that for years.
So I also do hope it stays for two days at Blyton. And thanks again to the organisers for putting a great weekend together. Roy B

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:52 pm 

Glad you and others could make it. Sorry to miss the Saturday mob. Good to get Mike Partington out for the first time in forty something years. Great wasn't it? Thanks to all

I forgot to apologize for causing you a moment when I noticed you two coming up from behind and I had just gone out in my white thing for the first time in 9 years. I was gradually getting to terms with it when I arrived at the fierce left-right which I shall call turn 3 as you go into the infield. The car stepped out right then left and I hoped it didn't give you too much grief. My lady passenger apologized to me for screaming but I was sadly unaware

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:42 pm 

Yes tim, I got a good view of your tank slap. You handled it a professional and brought it back in line, that was a difficult corner especially if you enter it off line but it did make me giggle. But I had my fair share of moments, I did it in front of the spectators while chasing down that spyker which earned me a round of applause. Great fun and an excellent weekend.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:20 pm 

I think it would be appropriate to let Nick off the 48p for the jubilee clip I gave him to attach the oil cooler hose back as a thank you for the entertainment that he (and you) gave the crowd

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:04 am 

If you look closely at this pic it looks like you are just about on two wheels

Attachment:
IMG_5148 - Copy.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:28 pm 

Ha ha tim thankyou!! What a great shot, it may well have been entertaining but I can assure you it was an absolute pig to drive

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:54 pm 

I had a wheel stay up like that on the Hornet once, on the back though, turned out it had a bent shocker. Must have been pretty hairy to control!