mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:35 am 

Pete I can make that date - can I enter the rally car ?? - wont be much cop really but hey - who cares - do i need a race licence or ??

PD

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:11 pm 

my entry gone in for Barbon if anybody else interested, although ive entered the up to 1400cc road car class rather than the classic class on this occasion

http://www.liverpoolmotorclub.com/barbon-hillclimb/

http://www.liverpoolmotorclub.com/files ... ations.pdf

Mini 1380 SKH595B

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:18 pm 

are the any friendly hill climbs where people can have a go un-competitively? Blyton has given me the bug and I'd love to have a go on a hillclimb or sprint course now

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:35 pm 

gazwad wrote:
are the any friendly hill climbs where people can have a go un-competitively? Blyton has given me the bug and I'd love to have a go on a hillclimb or sprint course now

the C19 class at harewood is probably the nearest you can do, you will still need the safety gear and the licence, but the car is effectually 'road class' so doesn't need anything special

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:50 pm 

If anyone wants a slower pace day out,there is a truly fantastic car show in Oxfordshire / Cotswolds area.
It is the Churchill car show on the 5th June, just outside Chipping Norton. Massive variety of cars, bikes and static steam stuff. 530 entered cars, with additional bikes.
I have nothing to do with a he show, it's just great variety, and only biannually.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:39 pm 

pad4 wrote:
Pete I can make that date - can I enter the rally car ?? - wont be much cop really but hey - who cares - do i need a race licence or ??

PD

Yup, piece of cake. All you need is a Non Race National B license, easy peasy. Fireproof overalls and gloves and a correct skid lid. You can enter for Shelsley here, Class H - saloons and sports cars 1960 - 69 or Class J saloons and sports cars 1970-1980. As I've said before I have spare overalls if anyone's stuck.

Steve's entered both days, me and Mick (not that one) have entered Sunday. You can camp over Saturday night for a good 'ol shindig.

https://www.midlandautomobileclub.co.uk ... nter/?cm=1

I just joined MAC on the day, or just put another club down. If you haven't got a license just put down 'to follow' or make a number up cos it'll be full within a few weeks if not sooner! If in doubt just phone the M.A.C.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:34 pm 

The big event for Northern Ireland this year is going to be the Join The Legends event at Gracehill House (at Dark Hedges) first weekend in June.
You'll have seen the thread on this site with the updates on the event.

I'm really looking forward to this as there will be some great cars on equally great roads through some pretty spectacular scenery, such as;

and;

'64 Morris Cooper S Traveller
'65 Morris Mini Pickup
'83 Austin City E
'84 Sinclair C5
'87 Austin "Seven S" 1000
'04 MG ZR
'07 Vauxhall Astra GTE

http://minitravellerman.wix.com/ballylough-classics