mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 10:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: A Big Thankyou
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:04 pm 

Pete wrote:
. More thanks to Patricia for getting herself on track and taking lots of photos. Anyone wanting pictures can email her at downton60@outlook.com and give her your number plate and she can provide you with some photos.

Patricia has had a few requests come in, so feel free to keep her busy!
She has put a few up on the MiniWorks facebook page as well...so if you see anything you like, please let her know.

http://www.facebook.com/theminiworks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:13 pm 

What a great shot!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:29 pm 

I would like to add my thanks also to Mark and Pete and everyone who made Blyton such a special day again, this was my second visit and I can safely say that I looked forward to it for a year. Thanks to Tim Harber of Minimail for the loan of the White racer for the day, It was great to see such range of nice cars and like great people. Not sure if anyone realised, but the mature gent running the bike engined Stryker, was Dave Pritchard, builder of some of the best spaceframe Mini and Metro rallycross cars of the past!
Looking forward to next year already!
P.S. Well done to Nick and family for sorting the "teething troubles" on the Amal equiped 7 port, and making a real day of it!
Steve.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:25 pm 

I unfortunately was not able to make this year. So next year will have to be my first year....
Just a note regarding numbers of spectators etc. From what I've seen a number of events happened this weekend. Dews downtown had the weekend event they do, also donington historic was on. I'm not sure if this clashed previous years with these, but could be a bit to do with it.
I shall go on looking forward to this event for next year, and look forward to meeting many of you.

Best regards,

James

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:45 pm 

A big thanks to Pete and Mark for sorting this out again. Must be a bit of a nail biter trying to get all the cars signed up once you've committed to two days with Javlin. :( :( :shock: Maybe you guys could sleep easier organising it around one day as opposed to two?
Also never done the Eastern circuit before, great fun in that 970 ..saw nearly 9000rpm on the wobbly bits and then the bigger engined cars squeezed past me on the way to Bishops... :roll:
That's my excuse anyway :lol:

Great Photo!!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:34 am 

mk1 wrote:
As we have all frozen to death for the last 2 years, I would now NOT be against moving to a later date.

Mark ,Its f*****G marvelous ,great forecast for this weekend coming ,7 days later Grrrrrrrrrrrr, I also think the date should be moved nearer to the summer ,OK it can rain anytime but it won't be as cold and as windy, in other words warmer.

Loved it again, nice catching up with friends,Well done Mark and Pete ,Roll on next year.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:28 pm 

Thanks Everyone,
We had a fantastic time again, It really is the best event of the year.
We will be there again whether its later (or earlier!) 1 day or 2, don't care, We loved it!

There was some really impressive cars there and it's nice to get to know more people each year.

Off track highlight for me was being parked next to this racer on Sunday, It turned out they started their lives together at Voss motors Liverpool in spring '63!

See you all next year!
Luke

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:00 pm 

Thanks Mark and Pete, first time for me but a great two day's, will be back next year, hope the steering wheel makes good money for you. Len & Greg.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:15 am 
Site Admin

Location: Oop North where it's dark & cold nearly all the time.
Thanks for coming up. It's a long haul for you!

We are just deciding on what is the best way to maximise the return on your very generous donation. And there will be news very soon.

Thanks again,

mark

1933 MG J2
1943 Willys MB
1961 Morris 850
1963 Minisprint
1965 Speedwell S
1965 Hornet
1967 Austin Cooper S
1968 Terrapin
1968 Downton Tuned 1300 MK2