mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Big Thankyou
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:17 pm 

Looking forward to 2017, when I WILL have my heavily modified Nimbus up there to keep Wil K company, if I can keep up, I'm sorry to have missed the Sunday session, Booking dot cockup get the blame for that :x :x :x

Ian

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:30 pm 

Richard,
I haven't had so much fun since we used to embarrass them hot hatch boys with our minis 20 years ago :lol:
But seriously i had a really good weekend and it was a bonus my Turbo Clubby held together with no problems for two days. I was surprised how well it drove on the track, i would like to say it was driver talent but definitely more likely down to you and Will setting the suspension up for me.
It was great to see so many great cars and talking to so many people who have so much knowledge and enthusiasm for minis.
A big thanks to Mark and Pete for a mint weekend which i will be certainly coming again. But i wasnt to impressed with the frost on my tent Saturday morning, (bloody freezing)!!!
Roy B

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:44 pm 

Great weekend as usual guys!

Really enjoyed myself, need to rally some help next time so I can get out and look at everything!! Managed to do more sight seeing in Sunday so got to drool over some of the cars!

See you all next year!

Ed

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:26 pm 

echo, everyone else comments over and over, big thanks to everyone who help put on, set up and run the show, a real credit to you.

we have been every year, and this year, after years of work my car was finished and i got to get out on the track on Sunday, It was my first track day in my own car, and i really enjoyed it, opened the car up for the first real time since rebuilding it, and it drove faultlessly,
learnt a lot of how far i can push it is corners,and how fast i should not enter them!!
had quite a few great comments on my car which was nice to hear, a great that people see the great detail i went into, getting it looking the way it is, i have posted a few photos up from time to time, but yet to do a diary on it. so its not really car people know about.

also great to meet steve and put our cars together in the photo shoot, i do not have any early history on my car other than where it was first sold, and to meet someone who worked in the garage that my car came from and also owns a car from the same area was great.

totally missed the presentation, not sure when that was on, but that Inno was a very nice rare car to see get a prize.

Dean

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:57 pm 

Thanks Pete and Mark for a Great weekend thoroughly enjoyed it

See you next year.

On that note

Pete wrote:
As for next year, it's likely that if we stay at Blyton with Javelin that it'll return to a one day event (plus evening before) as we did on the first one. I'm all for staying at Blyton as nowhere I've found as yet comes close.

Why are we restricted to 1 day if we stay at Blyton next year?

Have you looked at
"Teesside Autodrome" Close to Airport and its not far up the A1 -> A19

http://www.teessideautodrome.co.uk/(its down when i tried to load it so i've linked the FB Page)

https://www.facebook.com/TeessideAutodrome/timeline

http://www.bukc.co.uk/system/images/BAh ... layout.jpg

The part on the far left is a up hill section then down hill again leading onto the back straight.

Its available for track days and private testing M-Sport WRC and the M-sport Bentely continental GT3 have tested on the track.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:49 pm 

davejf wrote:
Thank you for a great day. This year the car ran well all day.
Can't wait for the next one!

One of the photos I took while spectating Saturday.

Ha ha, my footwell was full over water after that!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:33 pm 

another fabulous event ,well worth driving over 260 miles in the mk 1,roll on next year :D

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:39 am 

A huge thanks to Pete, Mark and everyone that made Stephen and I so welcome.

Had a great weekend and also managed to do a photoshoot on Steve Murphy's stunning car.

I'm also one of the weirdos who likes Rich's, ahem, Cooper S...

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:58 am 

Jeff R wrote:

I'm also one of the weirdos who likes Rich's, ahem, Cooper S...

there is no shame in it jeff

:lol:

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:50 am 

GeorgeA wrote:
Thanks Pete and Mark for a Great weekend thoroughly enjoyed it

See you next year.

On that note

Pete wrote:
As for next year, it's likely that if we stay at Blyton with Javelin that it'll return to a one day event (plus evening before) as we did on the first one. I'm all for staying at Blyton as nowhere I've found as yet comes close.

Why are we restricted to 1 day if we stay at Blyton next year?

Have you looked at
"Teesside Autodrome" Close to Airport and its not far up the A1 -> A19

http://www.teessideautodrome.co.uk/(its down when i tried to load it so i've linked the FB Page)

https://www.facebook.com/TeessideAutodrome/timeline

http://www.bukc.co.uk/system/images/BAh ... layout.jpg

The part on the far left is a up hill section then down hill again leading onto the back straight.

Its available for track days and private testing M-Sport WRC and the M-sport Bentely continental GT3 have tested on the track.

Although a lot closer to home than Blyton I think its too far north. also lack of run off compared to Blyton is a downside and I'm not sure how the layout works for keeping everything happening in the same paddock, like Blyton?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next