mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Big Thankyou
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:38 am 

I'll echo all the above such a good mix of people cars and trade and yes I did feel for Mark
that was a disappointing end to his day. Even got 2 more
sigs on my H15 FUN bonnet

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:28 am 

I'd like to add my thanks to everyone who organised this event. It was my first time at blyton and first time for me and the car on a track and I loved every minute of it, it has to be the best mini/car event I've been to yet. Myself an Shaun covered over 100 miles each on the track! the cars behaved perfectly and everyone behaved nicely on the track making it so enjoyable. It was also nice to meet a lot of you and see your wonderful cars, everyone was welcoming and friendly.
If anyone managed to get some photos of either my mini (KGW 692K - old English white mk1 replica with k series engine) or Shaun's (beige and black with radiator in the boot) on the track I'd love to see them.
oh and thanks to everyone who helped us put up our crippled tent after several broken poles!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:05 am 

Thank you for a great day. This year the car ran well all day.
Can't wait for the next one!

One of the photos I took while spectating Saturday.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:14 am 

Had a fantastic weekend with my lad who wasn't bored once which says a lot! Great to talk to loads of forum members and put names to cars etc. Also got some great bits for the car which will definitely be on track next year. Thanks to Steve, Smoke, Nick for the bits and bobs and again thanks to Pete and Mark for organising the best Mini event of the year! I was afraid that the big speaker brigade would find us this year but thankfully they didn't!

Looking forward to Blyton 2017 now!

Tim

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:58 pm 

This is rapidly rivalling MCR Cooper day for enjoyment. No PA system, no sound-offs, no bad-mouthing, just 2 days of friendly enthusiasts having fun, and even the weather was kinder than 2015. Huge thanks to Pete, Mark and the volunteers.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:09 pm 

A thoroughly enjoyable weekend. Great crowd, great organisation, great fun. Thank you to Mark, Pete, the marshals and everyone who made it happen.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:51 pm 

Just wanted to say a massive thanks back to all of you who supported the event this year, it was a blast as usual and we managed to raise a ton of cash for Cancer Research UK (still to be totalled). The biggest thanks to Jan and John for their tireless work in marshalling and bucket shaking which allowed me to wander round talking rubbish to everyone as usual!

There's nothing remotely like this event is there? No bitching, no pedantry, no VIP status for anyone, no politics. And it didn't change at all despite me banging on about it on Facebook for the last few months , which as it turns out was a complete waste of time! :lol:

Thanks to Len also for the generous donation of one of his Springall steering wheels , which we will auction off for the charity and add to the pot. More thanks to Patricia for getting herself on track and taking lots of photos. Anyone wanting pictures can email her at downton60@outlook.com and give her your number plate and she can provide you with some photos. Even the weather was good considering what came before the weekend!

Apologies

A few things didn't go to plan.

One was that Stu couldn't get on track to take some of his great photos. The reason being that Javelin tightened up the rules , requiring public liability, and we weren't informed. Sorry Stu! Also sorry there was no official track photographer selling discs on the day, as the last two years, we were not informed of that either! :?

To everyone that stayed for the Saturday evening entertainment, sorry! Whizzo opted for some Fiesta racing (unbeknown to me, or Jeff!) do so was elsewhere on the day, I didn't find out til Saturday. Jeff Williamson did turn up both days but I didn't want to put him through it solo. So, sorry there was no evening gig but will make sure I cross the Ts next time.

Lastly sorry also to Andy Barrass , your trophy will be in the post, well deserved for a great car!

As for next year, it's likely that if we stay at Blyton with Javelin that it'll return to a one day event (plus evening before) as we did on the first one. I'm all for staying at Blyton as nowhere I've found as yet comes close. Just wish it was bloody wamer!

Here's to 2017 then!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:43 pm 

Pete wrote:

One was that Stu couldn't get on track to take some of his great photos. The reason being that Javelin tightened up the rules , requiring public liability, and we weren't informed. Sorry Stu! Also sorry there was no official track photographer selling discs on the day, as the last two years, we were not informed of that either! :?

No worries on that score Pete. I have managed to get some decent shots, even if they are from only a few vantage points. As for supplying discs, I will work through the sums (disc cost and postage) and make them available to who ever wants them, with 50% of any profits going towards the charity donation. I have in excess of 5000 shots to wade through and hopefully have a least one good shot all the cars that where on track including both lunch time parades.

And apologies from me for missing the Awards Ceremony.

By the way, Andy Barrass' Inno is a great car and deserving of an award (or two).

Attachment:
IMG_6825a.jpg

PS Also it's good to see a couple of videos posted up so I don't feel so bad about not shooting any myself this year.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:55 pm 

Just to follow up everyones comments...Yet again had a great time :D :D :D Many thanks to all the organisers and helpers and all those who turned up to makes this the great event it is....roll on 2017

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:13 pm 

A big thanks to Mark and Pete for another excellent weekend in Blyton 8-)

And guess what: today it was 20 degrees over here :shock:

1967 Austin Cooper 998 Mk II
1969 Austin Cooper S 1275
1972 Austin 1300GT (2x)
1975 Mini Jubilee
1978 Mini 1000
1991 Rover Cooper (Carburettor)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next