mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A Big Thankyou
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:14 am 

to Pete and Mark for sorting Bylton out

We had a fantastic day, never had a chance to stand still and it was great to meet so many enthusiastic people. :D Much better than boring concourse shows

Just a shame we couldn't make Sunday as well

Gordon n Lisa

Post subject: Re: A Big Thankyou
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:45 pm 

Great to see your high quality products, very tempted by a heater hose :), big thanks to Mark and Pete for another excellent event

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:05 pm 

My first time at Blyton. A great venue. Well done Pete & Mark and the gate keepers. Great vision for an enthusiast event for abusers and users! As was said in that great 1969 movie - "Get the wheels on line and accelerate." Pity about the temperature overnight. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:36 pm 

Agreed, an awesome day again and thanks for the weather. I've never driven the mini hard on a damp track before so I found it quite interesting!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:50 pm 

I had a great day

after been mega fed up by not having my racer ready, and then the sports coupe managing to destroy its engine AGAIN, I was just about sick of minis

I nearly turned up in my reliable rover 75 break, but after work on Saturday I dug the 'er cooper s' out and im really glad I did, had a nice run down in it, a few weirdos seamed to like it and had a nice run home in it.

bought a £5 passenger band and had some great rides in the following cars.....

Roys awesome blue 1275gt turbo - that is one seriously impressive quick car, the endless torque it has is astonishing and the fact its geared and set up as a road car made it even more impressive on the track

wills nimbus - turbo again and a flying machine

tims historic, tim was determined to show me what a 1293 historic would go like (miles faster than my 1071) and we where going really well until it sucked a stone through the rad!

and finally

john askew in the three wheeled :lol: minimaster clubman - we had a couple of flying laps before something terminal happened to it and had to be towed back in shame - whatever it was it sounded serious, but the mini master lads where still laughing about a great weekend.

oh, and a wheelbarrow full of sympathy for mark, after all the hours we had put into the hoosley, it cried enough and popped
so he was pretty despondent about it, :( :( :(

oh, and im not sure of the lads name, but the guy who had the 'lesser arden :lol: ' on amals in that blue mk1, credit for having possibly the worse handling mini I think I have ever seen, ive never seen a mini wag a front wheel in the air like a lotus Cortina - it was amazing how hard he was pedalling the car and driving round what must have been a pretty strange problem. it did look funny though!

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:01 pm 

A big thanks from me, sad to hear that Marks car had an issue, it sounded good on the day.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:07 pm 

I agree Rich, That Turbo of Roys was so quick , very impressive , well driven too

Attachment:
image.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mini 1380 SKH595B

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:13 pm 

billycooper wrote:
I agree Rich, That Turbo of Roys was so quick , very impressive , well driven too

Attachment:
image.jpeg

I have known roy for more years than I dare think about, he comes from the same village as me and always had hot minis when we where kids, plus a lot of other seriously fast cars back in the days when speed cameras didn't exist....

by some coincidence he came round to see me about 18 months ago and just in passing said 'I really fancy a 1275gt like I had 20 years ago....'

the week before a lad at work had decided to sell his very tidy 1275gt....

needless to say I put them in contact with each other!

the turbo engine was built by 'benross' of the turbo forum, and its very impressive how well mannered it is

it handles so well because I set the suspension up.... 8-) 8-) 8-)

its the first mini I have been in for a long time that actually gives you a 'push' in your guts when its accelerating down a straight

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:33 pm 

Yes.. a great weekend. Roy's GT Turbo stood out as a very fast, well sorted car, and the island blue mk2 7 port of Sputnik ?? was awesome. Plagued with small problems / bad luck, but he kept getting it on the track and driving it brilliantly. Exhaust dropping off...oil cooler pipe popping off..and a trip to Halfords for a cable to control the Amals.......very impressive !!
Always good to have a laugh with Jumping Jeff, a true ' down to earth' celeb who is always attracted to Martins Big Red Bus ( probably because of the choccy biscuits !! ). Good to put a few more faces to names...thanks Tim for the old pic of JWA...Gordon F ( Catmint ), quality parts..see you soon ref GRX, Stuart with his camera..
Thanks to all involved, especially Mark and Pete.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:33 am 

The sun sets on another great weekend

Attachment:
IMG_6868a.jpg

Thanks to all who organised, marshalled, entered, broke down, spun, and just came along for a great weekend.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.