mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:56 pm 

Camping

Just waiting for confirmation but I am expecting camping at Blyton on the Friday/Sat/Sunday nights to be @ £10 per night. Decent wash and shower facilities on site.Pitches are first come-first served on the day and there are a limited number of electric pitches alongside the barn as usual. Plenty of space for transporters / caravans and lots of Minis!

The site gates are locked from 10 pm onward so anyone planning a trip to the pub or chinese a mile or two down the road please be aware.

Food

As usual the restaurant will be open during both Saturday and Sunday for meals and refreshments. On Saturday evening I have arranged for the kitchen to provide around 50-60 meals which will be need to be ordered and paid for anytime during Saturday and which will be served from 6pm until 7-ish. The menu will consist of three choices, a chicken curry, a lasagna and a cheese&onion quiche all served with chips , rice or salad.. They may have other choices, ask on the day. Meals will be priced at £6.50 per head and are all made fresh on the day. Drinks are extra or feel free to bring your own.

Saturday Evening Entertainment - still to confirm but I expect a 60's/70s driver's evening chat, from rallying and racing, in the briefing room from 7.30 til around 9-30. Guest speakers will be announced shortly! I am angling for us to be able to use the same room on Friday night for something or other, a quiz maybe, pole dancers, not sure yet, depends on how many stay on Friday night.

Trade Area

We have some specially selected traders coming along for the weekend, you won't be dissapointed! Anyone else wanting a pitch, please contact me or Mark, pitches are free. Anyone wanting to rock up on the day and sell stuff, also fine but you may well not get a space in the trade area if you arrive too late, we'll find you a space elsewhere. We may also have use of the barn for this should the weather let us down. Feel free to sell parts from your (non Mini) car boot in the general carpark if you wish or from your Mini which will be parked in the Mini parking area along the paddock road.

Track Cars In The Paddock
Paddock slots for track cars/trailers and tow vehicles will be as previous events with the advantage that the loose surfaces around the road edges have now been nicely tarmac'd. If you don't have enough room there's plenty of space to the side of the campsite to store trailers. Please park parallel to others as close as reasonably possible.

Parade Laps

We'll be choosing some special cars and drivers to go out on parade laps each day at the end of the lunch halt, as we did last year. We will also be inviting any other cars that want to to join the queue and you will be able to drive around the track at a sensible speed behind the course car for three laps.

Other stuff

There's a decent sized karting track on site to keep the kids entertained if you want to bring them.

Only follow your SatNav to a point as it may get you lost, follow the instructions here :

http://www.blytonpark.co.uk/where-we-are-2/

Myself and Mark will be having a gander around the paddock and will be presenting some awards for :Furthest Travelled. Our Favourite Mini, Our Favourite Derivative, Best Track Car, Driver of the Weekend, Spanner of the Day or something along those lines!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:26 pm 

Slight edit, I've managed to get the Saturday evening meal price down to £6 per head.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:49 am 

Pete wrote:
Slight edit, I've managed to get the Saturday evening meal price down to £6 per head.

they getting the 8" plates out and hiding the 12" ones...

{alan partridge joke...} :lol:

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:20 am 

A trip to the carvery has never been the same. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:54 pm 

Is there a time the gates will open for camping on the Friday?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:23 pm 

You can arrive after about 5pm on Friday. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:25 am 

Hi Peter, what time can Autojumble/trade setup from on Saturday? cheers Len Chandler.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:13 pm 

speedwheel wrote:
Hi Peter, what time can Autojumble/trade setup from on Saturday? cheers Len Chandler.

As early as you want Len, just don't be banging about in case there's a few sore heads! :lol: I'll check what time the gates open, I think it's about 7.30a.m.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:57 pm 

Just want to emphasise how much great trade we've got coming to Blyton, quality not quantity ,if you want to buy and sell great period spares for Minis this looks like the place to do it! Catmint are also bringing some of their superb products to Blyton for the first time.

More soon...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:52 am 

Pete - just wanted to point out we can only make it down on Saturday.

Catmint