mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:06 pm 

Well the car should be good to go... It's at the rollers next weekend for a shoot out event so hopefully, it hasn't lost too many horses in the last year... Need to sort a pesky leak from the rocker cover, ordered a couple of gaskets to sort it...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:03 pm 

order one of the silicon rocker cover gaskets from mini spares, mine NEVER leaks, and its reusable. i just make sure both surfaces are clean , don't use any sealant

its for a 9 stud, but i just notch it out for the extra stud and bolt position.

http://minispares.com/product/Classic/E ... o%20search

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:48 pm 

Thanks I ordered the 11 stud option..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:32 pm 

To all those who are contemplating travelling to Blyton on Saturday 30th april from the direction of the A1 at Blyth via Bawtry and Gainsborough.
Please take note that the A638 in Bawtry will be closed to traffic for the Tour De Yorkshire cycle race and major disruption will take place.
Tom Bradley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:44 pm 

Thanks for the heads up Tom.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:27 pm 

Might see you Saturday Pete. Got to put some miles on the Mini before going to Spain with it. Spoke to Jumpin Jeff earlier and I'll probably turn up with him on Saturday.
Tom Bradley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:47 pm 

Quick heads up about the guy that I happened to meet at Oulton last year. He had a project car and wanted some bits. When we got talking he said he had raced a car in the seventies. Turns out from the wilds of the Hereford/Welsh borders he took on all and sundry including all the top runners in a locally prepared car with the motor done by Ex -Downton Peter Vaughan

Long story short - his name is Mike Partington and he should be along with me at the weekend and if he'll fit , he should have ago in my 7 port or racer as he volunteered to weld my 1990 Pile of S... Cooper.

In my traditional mode , we did a 1971 and 2015 picture when he swung by with Peter Vaughan

He lent me some of his pictures from the times

If he gets to meet Whizzo again , please help to separate them as they spent an hour talking at our local new years day do

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:42 pm 

Great work Tim! 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:44 pm 

petom wrote:
To all those who are contemplating travelling to Blyton on Saturday 30th april from the direction of the A1 at Blyth via Bawtry and Gainsborough.
Please take note that the A638 in Bawtry will be closed to traffic for the Tour De Yorkshire cycle race and major disruption will take place.
Tom Bradley

Bit more on the Tour De Yorkshire,

Ladies race around 11am coming through Tickhill on the A631 heading towards Bawtry arriving around 11.15am then heading towards Doncaster on the A638 , Road will be closed around 1 hr before and reopened shortly afterwards , Mens race 4.pm Tickhill ,same route 4.15 Bawtry. .
I would say the guys going to Blyton in the morning will not be affected at all on these roads, If you leave Blyton early then you could be held up for awhile in Bawtry , I will be using these two roads above and leaving at 8.30am Saturday , No problem for me , Hope this helps Goff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9